Engage with ICP from Anywhere
We remain a vibrant virtual community dedicated to offering an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Below are different ways to stay connected with our exhibition and education programs.
For updates on online events, upcoming classes, and more in your inbox, join our mailing list at icp.org/subscribe. Continue the conversation with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Listen to image-inspired playlists on Spotify.
Participate in ICP’s Community Open Call
In these times of quarantine and social distancing, photographs can inform, inspire, and offer much needed respite. As a community of artists, educators, and supporters of photography and imagemaking, we would love to see the work you are creating right now. Share your images and stories with ICP by using #ICPConcerned on Instagram and we’ll share select images on @ICP. Learn more about our open call.
Learn about our exhibition #ICPConcerned: Global Images for Global Crisis, which draws from images submitted to the hashtag.
Experience Our Exhibitions
- #ICPConcerned: Global Images for Global Crisis
- With contributions from over sixty countries, this evolving exhibition draws from the tens of thousands of images being posted with the hashtag launched by ICP in March, inviting our global community to make and share images of their experiences. From COVID-19 and Black Lives Matter to the California fires and demonstrations against authoritarian regimes, #ICPConcerned will present 1000 images of our time, wrapping around ICP’s largest gallery space.
- View the #ICPConcerned: Global Images for Global Crisis exhibition website, which will grow alongside the exhibition and eventually include the 1000 images in the show.
- Hear directly from a selection of contributing photographers to learn more about the stories behind their images in an audio guide, which will continue to expand alongside the physical exhibition.
- COVID New York: Five ICP Alumni
- In April, five imagemakers, all alumni of ICP’s One-Year Certificate Programs, were commissioned to photograph here in New York for a month. With the pandemic at its height, all took on the challenge in their own way.
- George Georgiou: Americans Parade
- As the United States approaches an election, we present Georgiou’s group portraits taken at street parades across the country. Made just four years ago, in the run-up to the 2016 election, these photographs take on a deeper resonance for our present moment.
- Tyler Mitchell: I Can Make You Feel Good
- In January, Mitchell presented his first US solo exhibition at ICP as a declaration of joy and presence, and an imagining of Black utopias. In these times of renewed struggle for racial justice, ICP is honored to extend this exhibition and invite our audiences to re-view the significance and potency of his work.
- Listen as Tyler Mitchell and ICP Curator at Large Isolde Brielmaier discuss cooking, Black joy, and more in an exhibition introduction, then check out this playlist curated by Mitchell for I Can Make You Feel Good.
Explore past exhibitions.
Enjoy exhibition introductions, audio guides, and select programming at icp.org/audio.
Take a Class
In addition to ICP’s usual online offerings, all of our Continuing Education classes are now online! Explore our online catalog and register today for courses and workshops on personal vision, digital workflow, and more. Visit icp.org/events for information on upcoming short-form lectures in our new ICP Talks series.
Ready to take your photography further? Learn about our new Gap Year Program, grounded in our Continuing Education curriculum and featuring one-on-one mentorship with members of ICP's esteemed faculty.
Register for Online Events
We are excited to offer public programs, short-form lecture series, and more through Zoom. Visit icp.org/events to see what’s on the horizon.
Enjoy talks, panels, and more on our website. Get started with these recommended highlights from our public programs department:
- Optics: Health, Crisis, and Care
- Optics: Going Viral—GIFs, Memes, and Insta-fame
- Reimagining the Image: Shahidul Alam
- Reimagining the Image: Alex Kay Potter
- Dismantling the Gaze: Jess T. Dugan
- In Conversation: Josh Begley
Explore Our Collections
Explore online versions of many of the objects housed in our archive at Mana Contemporary, including recent acquisitions as well as specific collections, including Capa in Color, Your Mirror: Portraits from the ICP Collection, and The Mexican Suitcase.
Visit ICP's shop, featuring a lively and comprehensive photography book selection as well as imaginatively curated objects and apparel. Your purchase helps support ICP’s education and exhibition programs. ICP members receive discounts on shop purchases plus many other exclusive benefits.
We Need Your Support
Concerned photography is needed now more than ever. When we closed our doors in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic we had spent just six weeks in our new space at 79 Essex Street. Making a fully tax-deductible donation to ICP ensures that we can continue to sustain our online programs while we welcome visitors back in-person. Support ICP today!