Groups are encouraged to visit us at ICP’s museum (located at 79 Essex Street) for Guided or Self-Guided Tours. Please consider the following when booking your group visit:
- Groups may visit Monday through Sunday, from 11 AM to 6 PM. The museum is closed on Tuesdays.
- There is a maximum of 25 students per group; a maximum of two groups can be scheduled per hour.
- All reservations are required at least three weeks in advance.
- All tours are one hour in length.
Led by Museum Educators, Guided Tours are available for all levels of school and adult audiences and encourage critical thinking and visual literacy. Working with personalized themes and subject matter, each tour is tailored to the educational goals of its participants.
- Grades K-12: $150* (one chaperone per 22 students required)
- NYC Public Schools, K-12: Free (one chaperone per 22 students required)
- College/University: $200
- Seniors: $250
- Adults: $275
*All prices are flat fees and include admission.
Self-Guided Tours are available for all audiences and allow groups to explore the museum exhibitions at their own pace. There is a minimum of 10 people to receive self-guided group pricing.
- Grades K-12: $5 per person (minimum 10/maximum 22 students; one chaperone per 22 students required)
- NYC Public Schools, K-12: Free (minimum 10/maximum 22 students; one chaperone per 22 students required)
- College/University: $8 per person (minimum 10/maximum 22 students)
- Seniors: $10 per person (minimum 10/maximum 22)
- Adults: $12 per person (minimum 10/maximum 22)
Off-Site Guided Tours
ICP also offers Off-Site Guided Tours, in which we bring the experience of a museum visit into your classroom! Focusing on visual literacy and using our extensive Collections, we have developed age-appropriate lesson plans:for elementary school students, for middle schools, and for high schools. When you book an Off-Site Guided Tour, a museum educator will travel to your school, introduce ICP’s resources, and facilitate an interactive lesson.
Off-Site Guided Tours are available Monday–Friday, 9 AM–5 PM.
- Grades K-12: $150 (maximum 25 students)
- NYC Public Schools, K-12: Free (maximum 25 students)
- College/University, Seniors, and Adult Groups: $200
Educators Open House
For every exhibition cycle, we invite educators to receive a complimentary tour, during which they hear from ICP staff across departments. Participants learn more about the educational options for integrating the content into their lessons and across disciplines. Educator Open House listings can be found on icp.org/events. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our list of interest participants.
Museum Education Policies
Reservations are required for all group visits at least three weeks in advance. A calendar of our current and upcoming exhibitions indicates the opening and closing dates for each and can be found on our website.
Payment For Group Tours
Payment is due in advance or on the day of your visit. Checks should be made out to the “International Center of Photography” and mailed to ICP Community Programs; 79 Essex Street, New York, NY 10002. Payment by credit card can be arranged by calling 212.857.0005. If paying on the day of your visit, please collect all entry fees from group members before entering the museum; group members cannot pay individually.
Please note that the refunds will not be given for pre-payments if the number of the people in the group is less than the prepaid amount.
If you need to cancel your tour please contact 212.857.0005 as soon as possible.
- Self-Guided Tours: Self-Guided tours cancelled less than three days in advance will be charged 50% of their invoiced fee. Groups that do not give 24 hours’ notice will be charged in full.
- Guided Tours (including Off-Site Guided Tours): Guided tours that are cancelled with less than three days’ notice will be charged a $100 fee. Groups that do not give 24 hours’ notice will be charged in full. If the group is over 15 minutes late for a Guided Tour, your reservation will be considered cancelled and you will be charged in full.
General Museum Information
ICP has two entrances, 79 Essex Street and 84 Ludlow Street, between Broome Street and Essex Street. Both entrances are accessible to the public. ICP’s new integrated center is located just steps away from the Essex/Delancey subway station serving the J, M, Z and F lines. ICP is also walkable from the Grand Street Subway Station via the B and D lines. By bus, visitors can take the M9 to Essex Street, M14A to Essex/Delancey, or the B39 to Delancey Street.
Please enter ICP at 84 Ludlow Street. The teacher and/or group leader should check in at the admissions and information desk while the group waits outside or in designated areas. Please keep clear of the main entrance.
is open during museum hours for your convenience, however there is limited seating. Visiting groups may not use ICP’s public space tables for bagged lunches. For more food options we encourage visiting , a staple in the LES community for over 100 years. Located across from the ICP Essex Street entrance, Essex Market is home to local vendors with a legacy in the community and more!
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.