Groups are encouraged to visit us at the ICP Museum (located at 250 Bowery) for Guided or Self-Guided Tours. Please consider the following when booking your group visit:
- Groups may visit Tuesdays–Sundays, 10 AM–4:30 PM.
- There is a maximum of 22 students per group; a maximum of two groups can be scheduled per hour.
- All reservations are required at least three weeks in advance.
- All tours are one hour in length.
Led by Museum Educators, Guided Tours are available for all levels of school and adult audiences and encourage critical thinking and visual literacy. Working with personalized themes and subject matter, each tour is tailored to the educational goals of its participants.
- Grades K-12: $150* (one chaperone per 15 students required)
- NYC Public Schools, K-12: Free (one chaperone per 15 students required)
- College/University: $200
- Seniors: $250
- Adults: $275
*All prices are flat fees and include admission.
Self-Guided Tours are available for all audiences and allow groups to explore the museum exhibitions at their own pace. There is a minimum of 10 people to receive self-guided group pricing.
- Grades K-12: $5 per person (minimum 10/maximum 15 students; one chaperone per 15 students required)
- NYC Public Schools, K-12: Free (minimum 10/maximum 15 students; one chaperone per 15 students required)
- College/University: $8 per person (minimum 10/maximum 15 students)
- Seniors: $10 per person (minimum 10/maximum 15)
- Adults: $12 per person (minimum 10/maximum 15)
Off-Site Guided Tours
ICP also offers Off-Site Guided Tours, in which we bring the experience of a museum visit into your classroom! Focusing on visual literacy and using our extensive Collections, we have developed age-appropriate lesson plans: Community for elementary school students, Identity for middle schools, and Social Justice for high schools. When you book an Off-Site Guided Tour, a museum educator will travel to your school, introduce ICP’s resources, and facilitate an interactive lesson.
Off-Site Guided Tours are available Monday–Friday, 9 AM–5 PM.
- Grades K-12: $150 (maximum 25 students)
- NYC Public Schools, K-12: Free (maximum 25 students)
- College/University, Seniors, and Adult Groups: $200
We also invite you to bring your group to visit the ICP School's Rita K. Hillman Education Gallery, which exhibits the work of students, alumni, and faculty. We can accommodate groups (15 maximum) and are happy to introduce your group to ICP and the exhibition. To request a visit to the Education Gallery, please email email@example.com.
Museum Education Policies
Reservations are required for all group visits at least three weeks in advance. A calendar of our current and upcoming exhibitions indicates the opening and closing dates for each and can be found on our website.
Payment For Group Tours
Payment is due in advance or on the day of your visit. Checks should be made out to the “International Center of Photography” and mailed to ICP Community Programs; 1114 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Payment by credit card can be arranged by calling 212.857.0005. If paying on the day of your visit, please collect all entry fees from group members before entering the museum; group members cannot pay individually.
Please note that the refunds will not be given for pre-payments if the number of the people in the group is less than the prepaid amount.
If you need to cancel your tour please contact 212.857.0005 as soon as possible.
- Self-Guided Tours: Self-Guided tours cancelled less than three days in advance will be charged 50% of their invoiced fee. Groups that do not give 24 hours’ notice will be charged in full.
- Guided Tours (including Off-Site Guided Tours): Guided tours that are cancelled with less than three days’ notice will be charged a $100 fee. Groups that do not give 24 hours’ notice will be charged in full. If the group is over 15 minutes late for a Guided Tour, your reservation will be considered cancelled and you will be charged in full.
General Museum Information
The ICP Museum is located at 250 Bowery between East Houston Street and Prince Street. By subway: F to 2nd Avenue; B, D, F, M, or 6 to Broadway-Lafayette; J or Z to Bowery; N or R to Prince Street. By Bus: M103 to Prince and Bowery; M5 to Prince and Broadway; B51 to Bowery. The nearest parking garage is located at 303 Elizabeth Street, between East Houston Street and Bleecker Street.
Please enter the museum at 250 Bowery. The teacher and/or group leader should check in at the ticketing desk while the group waits quietly outside or in designated areas. Please keep clear of the main entrance.
The ICP Museum café is open during museum hours for your convenience, however there is limited seating. Seating is only for use by guests who purchase food and/or drink from the café, and outside food and/or drink is not permitted. Visiting groups may not use the ICP Museum public space tables for bagged lunches.
Museum Education programs are made possible by The Hearst Foundations and by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.