The Photography Foundations Intensive is the ideal program for beginning photographers interested in exploring and developing their creativity while acquiring the necessary technical knowledge and skills. Photographs are an integral part of our modern life, defining how we communicate while helping us understand and interpret our world. Through lectures, demonstrations, class discussions, and hands-on sessions in a supportive environment, students learn to effectively operate their cameras, control their digital workflow, process images, create interesting compositions, and prepare for exploring their photographic interests. Completing a Photography Foundations Intensive provides you with strong technical capabilities, developed visual sensitivities, and the artistic inspiration needed for capturing, organizing, processing, and presenting powerful imagery.
The Photography Foundations Intensive can be completed in its entirety online and/or onsite. Students may mix online and onsite courses.
Topics of study include:
- Camera operation
- Photographic theory
- Composition and visual literacy
- Organizing and selecting pictures
- Digitally processing images
- Creative usage of light
- Understand and practice the technical aspects of image-making
- Develop your creativity and visual comprehension
- Capture powerful and meaningful pictures
- Manage your digital workflow effectively using Adobe Lightroom
- Enhance your photographs intelligently using Adobe software to maximize their effect
- Official ICP digital certificate (see requirements below)
- $150 total savings after completing all courses
- Exclusive early registration period before each term
- Personal consultation by ICP staff (upon request)
- The opportunity of having your work highlighted by ICP (website, social media, etc.)
Framework & Courses
Most courses range between 5-10 meetings. Click on ‘Register for Upcoming Courses’ for a list of next available classes including dates, course descriptions, faculty, and tuition (fees are presented before discount).
- All courses need to be completed within a period of 1-year from the date of registration (excluding approved past courses).
- Mandatory courses should be taken in order.
- Elective courses can be taken after completing Photography II Online.
- Students interested in enrolling in an elective course other than Lightroom II Online need to successfully pass the Lightroom Proficiency Questionnaire.
- Registration in this program is allowed retroactively after completing the first of the Required Courses.
No prior photography experience is needed for the Photography Foundations Intensive. Students must meet the prerequisites of each course they register for as part of the program. A camera capable of shooting RAW files (DSLR or mirrorless) is required.
Enrollment to the Photography Foundations Intensive is open throughout the year. Once enrolled, students may select their preferred courses (see ‘Register for Upcoming Courses’ above). Use the ‘Enroll in Intensive’ button below to submit your online application form (no preparations are needed).
Depending on students’ course selection, the total tuition can range between $1530–$2150 and includes:
• A non-refundable registration fee of $450
• The discounted fees of the selected and studied courses. Courses’ fees range between $420–$845 and enrolled students receive $150 discounts on each of their courses (total discount of $600).
As a limited promotion, ICP may approve and credit courses previously taken at ICP towards completion of the Photography Foundations Intensive, and adjust the registration fee and remaining discounts accordingly (see Special Promotion).
Students must pass all required courses before receiving ICP certification. All courses must be completed within a period of 1-year from the date of registration (excluding approved past courses). Once a student completes the requirements, a request for the certificate should be submitted using the button below.