- What Is a Photograph? | January 31–May 4, 2014
Mariah Robertson, 154 [detail], 2010. © Mariah Robertson, courtesy American Contemporary, New York.
- Capa in Color | January 31–May 4, 2014
Robert Capa, [On the road from Namdinh to Thaibinh, Indochina, (Vietnam)], May 1954. © Robert Capa/International Center of Photography/Magnum Photos.
- Rise and Fall of Apartheid: Photography and the Bureaucracy of Everyday Life | February 12–June 29
Museum Africa | Johannesburg, South Africa
Jodi Bieber, Protest against Chris Hani’s assassination, 1993. © Goodman Gallery Johannesburg.
- Ruth Gruber, Photojournalist | February 16–June 1, 2014
Illinois Holocaust Museum | Skokie, Illinois
Ruth Gruber, Eklutna woman reading Life Magazine, Hooper Bay, Alaska, 1941–43. © Ruth Gruber.
- Roman Vishniac Rediscovered | April 3–August 24, 2014
Jewish Historical Museum | Amsterdam, Netherlands
Roman Vishniac, Recalcitrance, Berlin, 1926. © Mara Vishniac Kohn. Courtesy International Center of Photography.
Located in the heart of New York City, the Museum of the International Center of Photography is dedicated to exploring the possibilities of the photographic medium through dynamic exhibitions of historical and contemporary work.
On view through May 4: Capa in Color and What Is a Photograph?
Picture Windows: Todd Webb in the 43rd Street Windows
Opening May 16, 2014
Urbes Mutantes and Caio Reisewitz