All applicants should apply online through Slideroom. The Admissions Committee will review only application packages that are completed in their entirety. Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.857.0006 to inquire about deadlines.
You must submit the following items when applying to a One-Year Certificate program:
- A portfolio of 15-20 photographic images. Each image should be a jpeg not exceeding 5mb and no larger than 1280 x 1280 at 72ppi. Videos up to five minutes in length may also be submitted. Please test all digital materials before submitting.
- Resume or CV
- A one-page Statement of Purpose with less than 500 words describing your reasons for applying to the program and elaborating on the influences on your work, its current direction, and your research interests.
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant's personal and artistic strengths. These individuals should be conversant with the applicant's work and may include professionals who are practicing or teaching in the field of photography as well as arts professionals in general.
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores if English is not your first language.
- Application Fee.
Before Feb. 1 $0
Before Feb. 15 $50
Before Feb. 28 $75
March 1 or later $100
Applicants must be at an advanced level in photography or have demonstrated a strong background in the visual arts and media to apply to a One-Year Certificate program. Applicants must have a high school diploma or acceptable equivalent by the time of the program start date.
Acceptance of admission to the One-Year Certificate programs must be received by the date specified on the Letter of Acceptance and must be accompanied by a nonrefundable tuition deposit of $500 (USD). Make deposit payable to International Center of Photography, in the form of cash, credit card, bank wire transfer, U.S. money order, or U.S. cashier's check, issued from or authorized by a U.S. branch bank. The deposit reserves the student's place in his or her program of acceptance and will be applied to the fall term Tuition Invoice.
Tuition & Costs
2023–2024 On-Site Program Tuition & Costs
Annual Tuition: $36,000
Annual Lab Fee: $1,500
Annual Equipment Insurance Fee: $142
Application Fee: $100
2023 Online Program Tuition & Costs
Annual Tuition: $24,917
Application Fee: $100
Tuition and fees are the same for domestic and international students. Students will have the option of paying tuition and fees for the academic year either in-full or in three installments. You will be notified of the dates on your Tuition Agreement.
NOTE: Students may not attend classes if their tuition has not been paid in full unless authorized in writing by the Director of Education.
ALSO NOTE: Tuition and fees are subject to change and may increase from year to year. For current information on program costs, please see the Admissions.
Scholarships and Fellowships (One-Year Certificate Programs)
A large number of ICP's One-Year Certificate Program students receive scholarships ranging from $2,500 to the cost of full tuition, including:
- Arnold Newman Scholarship
Fellowships for current students, such as the Documentary Arts and New Media Arts Fellowships for projects that offer new perspectives on history and culture, and alumni, like the Rita and Alex Hillman Foundation Fellowships for projects that address critical issues in health care, are also available.
For more information about scholarships and fellowships contact email@example.com.