If you do not have the prerequisite for the course you would like to enroll in, you may have your portfolio reviewed in person, on Skype, or through online submission. This informal review is used to ensure appropriate class placement. Students should bring 10 to 15 images that reflect their current technical and aesthetic abilities in photography.
If you are unable to attend any of the in-person reviews, and would like to have your portfolio reviewed by an advisor, you may request an in-person or Skype appointment at a different time.
In-person portfolio reviews will take place at ICP’s Midtown location (1114 Avenue of the Americas, 2nd Floor, New York, NY) through December 2019. Starting in January 2020, portfolio reviews will take place at ICP’s new, integrated space at 79 Essex Street, New York, NY.
Education staff conducts portfolio reviews for course advisement and/or classes with a prerequisite unless stated otherwise. Students should bring at least 10 to 15 images that reflect their current technical and aesthetic abilities in photography.
- Thursday, November 21 | 6–8 PM | Christine Callahan
- Saturday, November 23 | 11 AM–1 PM | Alice O’Malley
- Tuesday, November 26 | 6–8 PM | Michele Arazi
- Tuesday, December 3 | 6–8 PM (Continuing Education Open House) | Christine Callahan, Andrew French, Ports Bishop
- Tuesday, January 14 | 6–8 PM (Continuing Education Open House, 79 Essex Street) | Christine Callahan, Ports Bishop, Andrew French, Alice O’Malley
- Saturday, January 18 | 11–1 PM (79 Essex Street) | Alice O’Malley
- Tuesday, January 21 | 6–8 PM (79 Essex Street) | Christine Callahan
RSVP is required for each review session. Contact: email@example.com.
By Appointment: Tuesday–Friday, 11 AM–4 PM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.857.0064 to set up an appointment. Appointment times are subject to availability. Please reserve a spot at least two days prior to your request. Portfolio review and registration are on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are unable to attend in-person or via scheduled appointment hours, please email email@example.com or call 212.857.0064.
If you cannot attend an in-person or Skype review, please send a digital submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should consist of at least 10 to 15 JPEG files, or a website link. Please make sure to include any information about yourself and/or your previous photography experience and education.