Teen Academy Manager
Department: Community Programs
Supervisor: Director of Community Programs
This full-time position’s primary focus is to coordinate the implementation of ICP’s Teen Academy. Teen Academy serves over 650 high school students per year including seasonal ten-session black-and-white and color darkroom and new media classes, an off-site summer digital intensive program, a yearlon
g advanced program for juniors and seniors called Imagemakers, and weekly Friday evening open labs. In addition to photographic instruction, all curricula include lessons in critical thinking, writing, and public speaking. Working with the Director of Community Programs, this position is responsible for the coordination, organization, and administration involved in managing Teen Academy. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated commitment coordinating exemplary photography education to diverse audiences as well as a solid understanding of darkroom and digital photography practices.
- Coordinate all aspects of Teen Academy including:
- Communicate and meet with faculty regarding content and implementation of curricula, classes and assessment
- Organize all programmatic needs, including classroom space, equipment, supplies, field trips, Guest Artist visits, etc.
- Support faculty hiring and scheduling through administration of all contracts, paperwork, and payroll matters
- Manage the hiring, supervision and evaluation of all Teen Academy TAs
- Manage and assess faculty and TA performance and evaluation, shadowing classes when necessary
- Supervise Teen Academy Assistants and additional staff when needed
- Plan and implement outreach and recruitment efforts through ongoing site visits and presentations
- Build and foster relationships with community based organizations, schools and other supporting institutions in an effort to extend Teen Academy offerings to a wider, more diverse audience
- Manage and track financial aid procedures and paperwork as 50% of Teen Academy students receive scholarships to participate in classes.
- Manage the creation of forms including: registration, scholarship applications, profiles, evaluations, etc.
- Communicate with prospective and participating students, parents, and educators via phone and email
- Administer the admissions process for the Imagemakers program
- Create and manage a Teen Academy mailing list database
- Create and manage a Teen Academy Alumni database
- Manage the archive of all Teen Academy student work and related activity shots
- Manage the production and logistics of final projects such as exhibitions and publications across all Teen Academy programs
- Mentor and counsel participating youth, as well as teach and/or participate in Imagemakers workshops, as needed
- Work with the Marketing to coordinate the promotion of Teen Academy through ICP website and newsletters, email outreach, advertisements, online and social media presence, etc.
- Track and report out on statistical benchmarks, including: enrollment and scholarship numbers, tracking participation, college acceptances, alumni activity, etc.
- Oversee Teen Academy blog
- Manage ICP’s teen presence at various off-site events, festivals, etc.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- At least 3 years teaching/youth development experience a must
- Experience designing photography related curricula and lesson plans is critical
- Prior managerial and/or supervisory experience is required
- BFA and/or MFA in Photography, Education, and/or related field
- Strong administrative and project management skills
- Strong verbal communication, public speaking, and writing skills
- Solid understanding of techniques, aesthetics, and uses of darkroom and digital photography
- Exemplary customer service skills and experience
- Editorial and design skills
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, proficiency in digital imaging capture, scan & print)
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
- Must have flexibility to work some weekends and evenings
How to Apply
Send résumé, cover letter, and salary requirement to:
Director of Human Resources
International Center of Photography
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Email: [email protected]
The International Center of Photography is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.