Social Content & Analytics Manager
Position Title: Social Content & Analytics Manager
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Senior Director, Marketing & Communications
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
The Social Content & Analytics Manager will creatively manage ICP’s main social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, to strengthen and elevate the ICP brand, build relevant relationships, and drive influence in the world of photography. In our increasingly data-driven organization, the role is responsible for all social measurement and analysis.
- Work with Marketing colleagues, to develop social strategy for ICP focused on performance, including defining and measuring success criteria and metrics.
- Create and execute engaging social content, with a focus on Instagram (in-feed and Stories), and develop social campaigns for exhibitions, public programs, events, the Infinity Awards, membership acquisition, annual fund donations, shop promotion, and other major initiatives.
- Responsible for daily management of ICP’s institutional social platforms and coordination with colleagues and students managing ICP-related handles.
- Partner with Marketing colleagues to produce on-brand messaging in a timely manner.
- Collaborate on cross-department initiatives with ICP’s marketing, education, exhibitions and collections, development, and public programs teams.
- Develop, manage, and schedule social content calendar.
- Analyze, evaluate, and continually improve social media content performance.
- Use a variety of data collection tools to develop monthly, quarterly, and annual measurement reports as well as project-based reports.
- Review daily trending topics and recommend strategies for ICP to rapidly respond and be part of the conversation related to photography education, curatorial practice, photojournalism, and the role of media in our society.
- Participate in #museuminstaswap and build relationships with social colleagues at partnering organizations.
- Stay current on new social platforms, tools, applications, and noteworthy competitive campaigns.
- 3 to 5 years of social media experience with a proven track record of successful digital and social media marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field.
- A strong creative vision for social content creation and ability to create and post image and video-based content.
- Experience with social media measurement and analytics tools.
- Proficient with content management and scheduling tools.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of photography and photo editing practices.
- Strong attention to detail and adaptable copywriting skills.
- Understanding of brand management and design principles.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and InDesign), MS Office, and project management tools (e.g. Asana).
- A strong interest in photography, art, media, and the cultural landscape is preferred.
- Willingness to travel offsite and be on-call on evenings and weekends to capture and post ICP programming.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
How To Apply
Please submit résumé with cover letter in confidence here.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be accepted.
No telephone calls please.