Senior IT Manager
ICP is committed to delivering a robust and flexible IT environment to meet our internal and external user needs. The Senior IT Manager’s role is to oversee the configuration and maintenance of existing IT systems and the design, build, and implementation of new business systems across the enterprise as needed. In addition, the position is responsible for managing a Support Specialist, the department’s budget, contracts, and long-term initiatives. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate, and effectively resolve systems issues and ensure excellent customer service.
This position will require regular travel to all three ICP locations (1114 Avenue of the Americas and 250 Bowery in Manhattan and 888 Newark Avenue in Jersey City, NJ).
- Oversee the planning, design, and development of new business systems when warranted, as well as the improvement of existing applications
- Remain abreast of industry standards and developments, and review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improvement
- Meet with key decision makers, system owners, and end users to define business requirements for all critical IT systems and applications
- Plan and implement any enhancement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components on a timely basis and ensure the prevention of any system downtime
- Maintain and manage service contracts with IT vendors
- Establish connectivity and uptime service level agreements
- Direct and oversee the IT Support Specialist position, and effectively delegate responsibilities as appropriate
- Monitor customer service ticketing system to ensure timely responsiveness, and maintain department focus on excellent service at all times and at all levels
- Plan and manage IT Department budget
- Administer all in-house servers, backup systems, and Active Directory
- Supervise the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of microcomputers, LAN equipment, and peripherals
- Oversee the training of end-users on the various systems used throughout ICP
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekends
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- Experience managing infrastructure, programmers, and help desk
- Experience with SQL database systems
- Experience with Windows server management and desktop support for systems and MS Office software
- Work with networked systems on LAN and WAN nodes
- Demonstrated knowledge in configuring and managing user accounts within Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange server email system
- Experience in end-user support
- Knowledge of Windows operating system (from Windows XP through current version)
- Experience with server systems (Windows 2000 through current version)
- Experience with Macintosh OSX system and hardware desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented with strong follow-through
- Solid communication skills
- A supportive and communicative style, with a commitment to providing superior customer service
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
Minimum Education Required
How to Apply
Send résumé with cover letter and salary requirements in confidence to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line of all e-mails.
Director of Human Resources
International Center of Photography
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.