Senior Coordinator of Continuing Education Content and Curriculum
Position Title: Senior Coordinator of Continuing Education Content and Curriculum
Supervisor: Continuing Education Manager
Application Deadline: Monday, March 15, 2021
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
About the Position
In collaboration with the Continuing Education Manager, the Developer of Continuing Education Content and Curriculum is responsible for providing and maintaining an innovative, active and diverse offering of courses and workshops as it relates to all aspects of Continuing Education and for collaboratively working with the Marketing team to develop engaging marketing strategies as well as coordinate with the Database Coordinator – for proofing, creating reports and identifying registration trends.
- Design new curriculum that both stimulates and informs the public of the ever-changing landscape of photography through examination and exploration
- Ensure the continuing education curriculum meets institutional diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) requirements and actively support an environment that integrates diversity, inclusivity, collegiality, empathy, and transparency as part of its core identity
- Keep current with new work and artists/practitioners/educators in the field
- Meet with current faculty members to review course ideas and proposals
- Identify and actively recruit new faculty and course content for the continuing education audience
- Coordinate the standardization of ICP curricula for continuing education
- Assist with the development of curricular packages and pathways to help provide structure and continuity for students
- Supports the Faculty Liaison with the gathering of assets for CE marketing purposes
- Works collaboratively to provide appropriate data for purposes of reporting, departmental research and effectiveness
- Assist with the production of the quarterly program guides and relevant promotional materials
- Assists the Continuing Education Manager in determining any necessary class cancelations or course schedule changes
- Provide excellent customer service to current and prospective students through email, phone and in-person correspondence
- Work with the Database Coordinator to ensure all class information is correctly entered into the registration system prior to the opening of registration.
- Attend weekly meetings with the education department
- Advises and conducts tour for prospective students
- Attend weekly interdepartmental meetings
- Remain current in the field of photographic education
- Strong knowledge in photography and an understanding of pedagogical practice as it pertains to the field of photography
- Advanced degree preferred
- At least three years of photographic education management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of curriculum development
- Experience in a college or continuing education program setting, working with student advisement, student support services, and/or student records preferred
- Strong administrative and project management skills
- Proven administrative abilities
- Writing and public speaking skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and a team leader
- Highly motivated, organized and detail oriented
- Genuinely interested in the public, faculty, and student’s experiences
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively; desire to work as an active team member
- Ability to work effectively within an ethnic, cultural and socially diverse community (staff, faculty, students, and the public)
- Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and the public
- Student registration database experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
Please visit Indeed to submit resume or CV, cover letter, and 3-5 professional references. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Monday, March 15, 2021
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.