Supervisor: Chief Experience officer
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the museum store and maintaining a strong visual presence in the museum store, have a presence when open to the public; make managerial decisions pertaining to museum store, buying, stock control, e-commerce site, maintain responsibility for daily cash handling and recording; manage the museum store staff; attend meetings and events as necessary; and perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Retail Sales,and Buying
- Assist the Senior Director of VE (SDVE)with buying / ordering and maintaining appropriate stock levels. Build SKU files, review sales reports for reorder needs in all merchandise categories. Suggest order placement and generate PO documents for sign-off as needed.
- Alongside SDVE responsible for purchasing paper, apparel, home, desk and books.
- Assist the SVDE on all exhibition related and proprietary products projects. Request image rights and conduct necessary vetting, file sharing, communications and reviews required to bring projects to completion.
- Manage all retail invoices and record expenses in budget management charts.
- Develop relationships with vendors and attend meetings. ,
- Ensure timely merchandise displays, and stock replenishment.
- Assist and actively participate in retail programming.
- Identify and assist with any inventory issues that arise.
- Manage annual inventory count.
- Along with SDVE build and maintain an e-commerce website and all its components including product choice, site settings and edits; must gain or have previous knowledge of e-commerce.
- Initiate an e-commerce production and marketing schedule; meet deadlines for optimal sales and seasonality.
- Work with the IT department to ensure site security is maintained and fixes can be performed in-house before contacting outside vendors
- Manage all product photography, coordinate image acquisition with vendors, and Photoshop all images for web store; manage and schedule photo shoots for proprietary product.
- Maintain product image archive.
- Execute all edits as per ICP Style Guide.
- Create and update coupon codes and offers as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service for both online and in store customers.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Director
- Attend gift / trade shows and retail conferences.
- Cross-train and develop Retail floor staff
- Staff scheduling
- Regular presence on sales floor including register shifts.
- Staff, as needed, to process orders and build product pages.
- BA, BBA and/or five plus years in a retail managing and / or buying environment
- Minimum one plus years in e-commerce environment
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- Experience with project and customer service management preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and POS systems
- Knowledge in Photoshop and InDesign
- Second language a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally requireduse hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- Employee is required to work in stockroom and loading dock
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required - As per the recent New York City mandate “KEY to NEW YORK,” All staff working in our indoor facility are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter on Indeed. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.