Public Programming Online Coordinator
Position Title: Public Programming Online Coordinator
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Public Programming
Schedule: Part-time, Temporary (mid-February–early May)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
About the Position
ICP seeks a public programming coordinator to support the day-to-day administrative operations of winter/spring programming events season which currently takes place online. This position will support the planning and implementation of online events ranging from photographer lectures, book launch events, exhibition programming, film screenings, and a week-long programming initiative. The public programs department supports the institution's mission by providing public dialogues about the power of images while also connecting and generating new audiences to the ICP school and museum.
The ideal candidate has experience developing content driven initiatives and is comfortable using online tools such as Zoom Webinar and Mailchimp. Online event experience is not required, but candidates should have a strong understanding of the online events environment. Nights and some weekends may be required.
This is a temporary position starting February 16 and ending May 7, 2021.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create Run of Show documents for events
- Maintain Public Program Mailchimp Account and send program reminders and surveys
- Create and facilitate speaker forms for programs
- Liaison between Development/Membership departments on weekly program registration
- Update event materials
- Schedule and facilitate tech run-throughs
- Format speaker presentations and assets
- Live program assistance including broadcasting presentations, monitoring Q&A and chat, and other production-oriented tasks
- Liaison with A/V production post program for video archive
- Create description and submit weekly Newsletter content submission forms
- List programs on third-party event listing sites
- Develop/maintain/correspond with list of educators and organizations for outreach
- Monitor registration and work with Marketing for online promotion campaigns
Administration and Record Keeping
- Process speaker forms and invoices for department
- Track weekly program attendance and other key data points
- Manage and maintain the Institutional Calendar for the programs team
- Send out Bi-Weekly Institutional Calendar Reminder
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, Dropbox, and Zoom Video Conferencing.
- Ability to succeed working on simultaneous projects under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work evenings for events. Some weekends may be required.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently and remotely.
- Broad familiarity with photography and/or visual culture (contemporary or historical) required
- An interest in photography and visual culture and online education-based engagement
Note: This is a temporary position starting February 16 and ending May 7, 2021.
How to Apply
Please visit Indeed to submit resume or CV, cover letter, and 3-5 professional references. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.