IT Systems Administrator
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
The integration of office automation technology has been a progressive goal at the International Center of Photography over the past decade. The staff, students, and faculty heavily rely on IT systems and their infrastructure to perform functional tasks. The IT Systems Administrator will use their skills to support the daily functions of the team at ICP school and Museum. They will provide support, updates, upgrades, and training tailored to the needs of the staff. This includes both Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, servers, and networking
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Develop and maintain Windows & Mac deployment automation architecture, design/migration, and troubleshooting.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Maintain a staff assignment list and equipment inventory including serial numbers, date in service, expense, maintenance contract dates for all computers and printers, etc.
- Responsible for the update of operating systems, productivity software, and antivirus
- Participate in training end-users on the various systems used throughout ICP
- Assist with research, evaluation, and maintenance of current and emerging technologies and essential IT operations.
- Update and contribute to the IT knowledge base
- Create, and maintain end-user accounts (i.e. Office 365, Hybrid Active Directory, etc.).
- Assist with the management of Cisco Meraki equipment and cloud hosted environments
- Facilitate all technical on/off-boarding procedures for staff and faculty
- Assist with departmental software support
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions
- Provide technical support for the School's content sharing system=
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of a student information system a plus.
- Knowledge or audio/video hardware and software a plus.
- Knowledge of Jamf a plus
- Duties and responsibilities and activities may change over time
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- 1-3 years IT administrator experience
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses or Certifications required:
- Office 365, Group Policy, Azure AD, Office Suite for Windows & Mac
- Knowledge in Windows Server, 10, and Mac OS X
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Working knowledge of Cisco Meraki equipment a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent a plus
- Solid communication skills
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate, activate move, position, install, and remove computers, servers, printers, telephones, and other office equipment.
- Move throughout the space and position self under desks and in server roomer to access and maintain equipment.
- Move up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Communicate and exchange information.
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- This position will require regular travel to ICP main location, 79 Essex Street, and occasional travels to 888 Newark Avenue in Jersey City, NJ as directed by supervisor.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required - As per the recent New York City mandate “KEY to NEW YORK,” All staff working in our indoor facility are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter on Indeed. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.