IT Support Specialist
Supervisor: Senior IT Manager
The IT Support Specialist will support the Manager of Information Technology by overseeing the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of office hardware and software. This includes workstations running Windows and Mac OS X, printers, network equipment, and peripherals.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain all PC and Mac workstations, printers, and networking equipment (switches, wireless access points, etc.)
- Monitor the help desk system to either resolve or escalate all technical issues
- Provide friendly and cooperative customer service to all end-users
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and other office productivity software issues
- With Manager approval, purchase and track the shipment of new IT equipment
- Maintain a detailed equipment inventory for all computers, printers, and peripherals
- Prepare end-user documentation
- Support IT Manager with one-off projects as assigned
- Assist operations staff with maintenance and management of security system
- Manage basic configuration of audio/video technology and voice conferencing systems
- Assist in the management of VoIP telephone system
- Occasional travel required to all three ICP locations: 1114 Avenue of the Americas and 250 Bowery in Manhattan; and 888 Newark Avenue in Jersey City, NJ (All accessible via public transit)
- 1 to 2 years of experience providing desktop support in a mixed PC and Mac environment
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Demonstrated skill in configuring and troubleshooting printers
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and 2011
- Experience with networking hardware and basic networking concepts
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory a big plus
Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; a demonstrated ability to assess situations and communicate instructions; a strong customer service focus, and an approachable demeanor and manner. Detail-oriented nature and good follow-up necessary. Ability to multi-task and manage in a fast-paced environment required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Send résumé, cover letter, and salary requirement to:
Director of Human Resources
International Center of Photography
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.