Full-Time Education Programs Coordinator
Supervisor: Full-Time Education Program Manager
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through its exhibitions, school, public programs, and community outreach, ICP offers an open forum for dialogue about the role that photographs, videos, and new media play in our society. To date, it has presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes at every level. ICP brings together photographers, artists, students, and scholars to create and interpret the realm of the image. Here, members of this unique community are encouraged to explore photography and visual cultures mediums of empowerment and as catalysts for wide-reaching social change.
ICP will open a new, fully integrated center reuniting its exhibitions and education programs at Essex Crossing, on Manhattan’s Lower East Side in January 2020.
Highly visible position in an active education office responsible for the coordination, organization, and administrative maintenance of the Full-Time Education Programs at the School of the International Center of Photography. Job requires significant amount of administrative work on a variety of projects, and the ability to effectively organize and oversee multiple ongoing essential functions. This position interacts daily with students, faculty, and education staff. Emphasis will be placed on the coordination and logistics of academic activities and student-related events.
- Oversee all aspects of full-time student course registration in conjunction with Program Chairs
- Monitor and collect grades submissions from faculty for all students, at the end of each term; coordinate all add/drop requests; maintaining up-to-date digital student files of all matriculated students
- Produce official and unofficial transcripts for current students and alumni as needed
- Collaborate with the Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator to produce and distribute IDs for incoming full-time students
- Collect, digitize, and distribute faculty evaluations and student evaluations each term
- Produce and distribute print coupon cards for all full-time matriculated students
- Assists Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator and Full-Time Program Manager with coordination of One-Year Certificate and MFA admissions reviews with Program Chairs
- Coordinates admissions acceptance and scholarship notifications via email and postal correspondence in conjunction with the Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator, Program Chairs, Director of Education, Full-Time Program Manager, and the International Student Advisor
- Assists Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator with the collection, organization and maintenance of admission responses on the digital Full-Time admissions tracker
- Maintains active correspondence with matriculated students and alumni via email regarding upcoming events, important reminders, and other relevant information
- Covers the Education Deparment front counter and responds to basic in-person inquiries about Full-Time and CE programs
- Monitors and responds to correspondence received in the Full-Time Programs email box
- Collaborates with the Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator to distribute orientation packets and year-end packets for One-Year Certificate and ICP-Bard MFA Programs
- Coordinates logistics for all full-time program events (including but not limited to MFA Symposium, MFA Graduation Dinner, FT commencements and end of the year exhibitions)
- Collaborates with the Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator on all full-time orientation events (including but not limited to Orientation Activities, Orientation Welcome Day, MFA Welcome Dinner, Scavenger Hunt & Slideshow)
- Proofs the scheduling and course descriptions of all Full-Time Programs in conjunction with the Program Chairs, the Director of Continuing Education and the Database and Financial Coordinator
- Is the point-person and liaison between the marketing department and Full-Time Programs (including Open Houses, Online info sessions, MFA Solo Shows, application deadlines, exhibition openings, etc.)
- Is the point-person submitting information for the Institutional Calendar
- Assists Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator with the distribution of acceptance letters and maintenance of Google Admissions Tracker
- Coordinates the mailing of promotional materials for full-time program events and programs
- Generates and distribute full-time student lists as needed
- Other administrative responsibilities as required
- 2-3 years of office & administration experience, preferably in educational environment
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel and Access skills preferred), Google Suite, and Higher Reach (or similar database program)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent follow-through
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have commitment to providing superior customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Education team and other ICP colleagues
- Self-starter that is able to initiate tasks and work independently
- Knowledge of additional languages is helpful
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental,life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
How To Apply:
Please submit résumé with cover letter in confidence here.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be accepted.
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.