Facilities and Operations Coordinator (PT)
Department: Facilities and Operations
Schedule: Part-time (Tuesday through Saturday, some full weekends)
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
The Museum Operation and Facilities Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Director of Facilities oversee the cleaning and maintenance of the facility, all institutional mail and shipping needs, provide operational support to school and museum, maintaining correct inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Along with the Director of Facilities oversee the cleaning and maintenance of facility
- Perform and assist with all general maintenance; including but not limited to; Buffing floors; cleaning windows, carpet cleaning, and water filter changing.
- Manage and schedule the cleaning staff according to the building and museum needs, currently a vendor relationship
- Manage sanitation: collecting, organizing, breakdown of boxes and ensuring pick up schedule is timely and appropriate
- Ensure cleaning staff work hours coordinate with the facility, school and museum schedule
- Along with Sr Mgr. of Facilities, make routine walkthrough to assess the need for repairs and maintenance.
- Be proactive in recognizing maintenance and facilities upkeep issues, keep the Director. of Facilities informed
- As part of the facilities team, respond to building emergencies
- Along with the Director of Facilities, oversee service trade contractors/ vendors such as HVAC, security, plumbers, electricians, exterminators, painters, etc., to ensure proper cleaning and maintenance, and care of our building and systems
- With the direction of the Director of Facilities troubleshoot facility maintenance issues, perform minor handyman tasks or outsource to appropriate vendors
- Ensure compliance by knowing and adhering to the protocols as outlined by the Manager of Safety, Compliance and Security
- With the direction of the Manager of Safety, Compliance and Security, know where the compliance, safety and emergency protocol logbooks are kept and be able to share with City or State compliance officers if necessary
- Along with School Facilities Mgr, coordinate logistics, provide operational support and schedule staffing for special events such as lectures, special event and exhibition openings
- Assist with all maintenance issues
- Along with the Sr Mgr of Facilities update standard operating procedures handbooks and operations guides. (Possibly add: Adhere to Covid-19 Safety Maintenance Guidelines)
- Supply closet organization and maintenance
- Manage and coordinate
- Mail responsibilities; distribution and postage
- Fed Ex /UPS/DHL Pick up and Deliveries
- Maintain UPS shipping portal
- Run errands as necessary
- Create departmental usage supply charts and oversee supply ordering and inventory for cleaning, office and stationary supplies
- Research best prices for supplies
- Once approved by Director of Facilities, place supply orders
- Provides general administrative support such as generating correspondence, developing spreadsheets/reports, organization/maintenance of files, etc.
- High School
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Museum/hospitality/tourism/technology/events/nightlife industry experience preferred
Additional Competency Requirement (Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Demonstrated experience with data tracking, analysis, and ticketing software systems required. Proficiency with POS database maintenance (ACME), MS Office and Outlook preferred but not required.
- Ability to work within a face paced environment responsible for maintaining cleanliness and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to think quickly on your feet, be detailed oriented and understand building priorities
- Mechanically inclined, strong problem solver
- The capacity to work with power tools
- Ability manage work orders in a timely fashion
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50 lbs. or more, climbing on stairs and ladders, working in tight spaces.
- Must be able to climb into awkward spaces relatively quickly in the event of equipment malfunctions and other emergencies
- Climbing stairs and walking throughout facility multiple times per day
- Must be comfortable with all types of machinery
- The employee is required to commute between locations
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- Capacity to work in a multitasking environment and the ability to be receptive to changing priorities, well under pressure; excellent time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Must be comfortable with heights and tight places
- The employes is required to work in cramped work environment.
- The employee is required to work in the general public environement (face to face contact with public).
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter on Indeed. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.