Executive Assistant (Maternity Cover - Temp)
Department: Executive Office
Supervisor: Executive Director
Schedule: Full-time (Maternity Cover - Temporary)
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
The Executive Assistant supports all functions of the Executive Office and works closely with senior management across the organization. Must be an experienced EA with exceptional maturity and superior organizational, multitasking, interpersonal, and communication skills. This is a highly visible position responsible for the management of fast-paced office and providing full-range of support to Executive Director. Significant interaction with Executive Director, Trustees, donors, senior staff, artists, media, vendors, students, and the general public.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Manage Executive Director's schedule, including acting as liaison with Trustees' and donors' staff; setting up meetings (virtual, on-site and remote); tracking and setting priorities for all appointments and incoming calls
- Support Executive Director's internal and external correspondence
- Manage local, national, and international travel arrangements for Executive Director
- Follow up on projects and tasks across departments as needed
- Facilitate ongoing communication with Trustees, artists, the public, and staff, working across departments to ensure best communication practices
- Assist in the preparation and running of all Board and Board Committee meetings
Minimum Qualifications: Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree desirable
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- At least 5 years as an Executive Assistant in a comparable institution or supporting the most senior person within the organization
Additional Competency Requirement (Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Mature, complex thinker, who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent administrative and organization skills; detail-oriented and thorough, with excellent follow through
- Professional manner and strong interpersonal skills with understanding of confidentiality inherent in the position
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- High degree of facility with current computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively and graciously multi-task
- Must work well independently, but function effectively as a team member
- Experience in the arts and museums desirable, knowledge of photography is a plus
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is require to spend prolonged periods of time utilizing computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate, activate, and use office equipment.
- The employee must occasionally move throughout ICP’s spaces to document events.
- The employee may occasionally need to move up to 25 pounds
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- The employee may be required to commute between locations
- The employee is required to work in the general public environment (face to face contact with public).
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required - As per the recent New York City mandate “KEY to NEW YORK,” All staff working in our indoor facility are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter on Indeed. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.