Education Database Coordinator (PT- Temp)
Supervisor: Continuing Education Manager
Schedule: Part-Time - Temp
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
The Education Database Coordinator oversees the input and confirmation of the Education registration system, Aceware, as well as all other technology software systems for the Education Department. Works closely with the Manager for Continuing Education and the Director of Education to monitor and analyze divisional information, financial tracking, and forecasting.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Oversee data management and operation of the education management software AceWare
- Assists the Manager of Continuing Education, the Manager of Full Time Programs and the Senior Manager of Community Programs by inputting and managing all course data in AceWare
- Develop and implement work procedures for the use of AceWare and train staff in the correct use of the system
- Develop and provide analytics on the performance and trends of courses for the Education Department and other areas as needed
- Assist in the creation of a staffing strategy to oversee all administrative functions of the database and create a final proposal for senior education staff.
- Develop and provide enrollment and financial forecasting for Continuing Education and Full Time Programs to the Director of Education
- Maintains database integrity by setting and enforcing standards and controls
- Acts as system manager, authorizing user accounts, managing security, transferring files, etc.
- Assists the IT Department with system upgrades for AceWare
- Works closely with the Finance Department to help balance the financial component of the system by producing weekly escrow and past due reports
- Keep up to date on system upgrades, attend webinars and online meetings to learn about improvements to the software and train others on key new functions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-4 years’ of system coordination and office experience
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- Microsoft Excel
- Experience using AceWare or comparable education management software preferred
- Experience working with IT (or other software systems)
- Experience building training manuals and ensuring that staff are successfully working with digital technologies
Additional Competency Requirement (Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Understanding of data and financial analysis
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong people skills and the to work as an active team member
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including solid follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
The physical demands described here, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- The employee will be required to work remotely.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required - As per the recent New York City mandate “KEY to NEW YORK,” All staff working in our indoor facility are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter on Indeed. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.