Digital Marketing Manager
Position Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Chief Experience Officer
Application Deadline: Thursday, March 11
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
About the Position
The Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) will creatively manage ICP’s digital marketing efforts including social media, advertising, email, and analytics to strengthen and elevate the ICP brand, build relevant relationships, and drive influence in the world of photography and imagemaking. This includes the main social media channels on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and paid social media advertising, ICP’s email marketing lists, and newsletter. To track the success of all of these initiatives in our increasingly data-driven organization, this role is responsible for organic and paid social measurement and analysis. A strong understanding of brand management and project management will ensure success in this role.
The DMM must have the capacity to work independently and approach their work in an organized and detail-oriented manner. They must also be proactive and enthusiastic about working with other team members in a fast-paced environment. At its core, this position plays a vital role in the support and promotion of education programs, exhibitions, public programs, fundraising, and other institutional activities to help ICP actively engage and grow its audience.
- Work with Marketing and Communication team members to refine a digital strategy for ICP focused on performance, including defining and measuring success criteria and metrics.
- Develop and execute paid social media and Google ADWords campaigns that support a range of initiatives across ICP.
- Create engaging paid and organic social content, with a focus on Instagram (feed and stories) and Facebook, and develop social campaigns for exhibitions, education programs, public programs, the Infinity Awards, membership acquisition, annual fund donations, shop promotion, and other major initiatives.
- Responsible for daily management of ICP’s institutional social platforms and coordination with colleagues and students managing ICP-related handles.
- Document on-site and online events and classes for social promotion.
- Leverage ICP’s robust mailing list through our weekly newsletter
- Develop targeted lists and grow targeted email program by leveraging best practices
- Create and optimize visuals and marketing collateral via Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), including cropping and color‐correcting images, producing GIFs, resizing logos, and making content edits to materials.
- Partner with Marketing and Communication team members to produce on-brand messaging and visuals in a timely manner.
- Collaborate on cross-departmental initiatives with ICP’s marketing and communications, education, exhibitions and collections, public programs, and fundraising teams.
- Develop and manage digital content calendars—including social and email—to optimize promotion of institutional activities.
- Manage, track, and save marketing and communications collateral and assets.
- Analyze, evaluate, and continually improve content performance.
- Use a variety of data collection tools to develop monthly, quarterly, and annual measurement reports as well as project-based reports.
- Review daily trending topics and recommend strategies for ICP to rapidly respond and be part of the conversation related to photography education, curatorial practice, photojournalism, and the role of imagemaking and media in our society.
- Participate in #museuminstaswap and build relationships with social colleagues at partnering organizations.
- Stay current on new social platforms, marketing tools, applications, and noteworthy competitive campaigns.
- 3 to 5 years of marketing experience with a proven track record of successful digital and social media marketing campaigns.
- A strong creative vision for social content creation and ability to create and post image and video-based content.
- Skilled with social media management and analytics tools (e.g. Sprout Social, Later).
- Experience with email management and scheduling tools (e.g. Mailchimp).
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong critical thinking, creative concepting, and problem-solving skills.
- Keen knowledge of photography and photo editing practices.
- Strong attention to detail and adaptable copywriting skills.
- Understanding of brand management and design principles.
- Well-versed in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and InDesign) and MS Office/365.
- Familiarity with project management tools (e.g. Asana).
- A strong interest in photography, art, media, and the cultural landscape is preferred.
- Experience with Google AdWords is a bonus.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate.
- Willingness to travel offsite and be on-call on evenings and weekends to capture and post ICP programming.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
Please visit Indeed to submit resume or CV and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Thursday, March 11
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.