Digital Marketing Coordinator
Position Title: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
Application Deadline: Thursday, March 11
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
About the Position
The Digital Marketing Coordinator (DMC) will be instrumental in supporting ICP’s Marketing and Communications Department by coordinating and producing content for a variety of channels with an emphasis on email (Mailchimp) and website (Drupal), and including organic social (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, YouTube) and third-party platforms (e.g. Acme, Lightspeed). The DMC will collaborate with team members to produce marketing and communications assets and collateral, including images, gifs, PDFs, and more. Knowledge of systems, project management, and analytics will be helpful in this role.
This team member must have the capacity to work independently and approach their work in an organized and detail-oriented manner. They must also be proactive and enthusiastic about working with other team members in a fast-paced environment. The DMC role is an opportunity to cultivate and leverage skills in digital marketing and grow an internalized understanding of brand management.
- Work with Marketing and Communication team members to coordinate and produce content and execute digital strategy for a range of initiatives at ICP, including exhibitions, education programs, public programs, the Infinity Awards, membership acquisition, annual fund donations, shop promotion, and more.
- Coordinate content and produce weekly newsletter and targeted emails via MailChimp.
- Responsible for day‐to‐day content updating and maintenance of ICP’s website via Drupal to ensure timely and accurate information is posted.
- Coordinate, produce, and schedule organic social media assets to support campaigns.
- Upload and manage video assets on online properties, including Vimeo and YouTube.
- Update content on third-party platforms, including ticketing (Acme, Ticketleap) and shop (Lightspeed).
- Monitor, update, and maintain listings on international, national, and local online outlets, i.e. Artsy, Art in America, Trip Advisor, etc.
- Coordinate and conduct content updates to digital visitor display in a timely manner.
- Create and optimize visuals and marketing collateral via Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), including cropping and color‐correcting images, producing GIFs, resizing logos, and making content edits to materials.
- Assist with development and management of digital content calendars—including social and email—to optimize promotion of institutional activities.
- Coordinate, track, and save marketing and communications collateral and assets.
- Track and assist with analysis of Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and other analytics tools to optimize website marketing and email promotions.
- Develop media materials for press kits, including branded press releases and contact sheets.
- Monitor multiple and respond to requests communicated via email/phone and route requests/queries to key contacts as appropriate (visitor experience, press, membership, education, etc.)
- Support team by managing administrative tasks such as processing invoices and procuring estimates.
- 1 to 2 years digital marketing experience with an emphasis on digital content, including email production.
- Experience with email management and scheduling tools (e.g. Mailchimp).
- Knowledge of content management systems (e.g., Drupal) and ability to troubleshoot display issues.
- Strong understanding of producing and optimizing media using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Familiarity with social media management tools (e.g. Sprout Social, Later).
- Familiarity with project management tools (e.g. Asana).
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and interest in data tracking and analysis.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving capabilities.
- Understanding of brand management and design principles.
- Understanding of the principles of user-centered content development and information architecture, preferred.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate.
- Willingness to occasionally be on-call on evenings and weekends to capture and post ICP programming.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
Please visit Indeed to submit resume or CV and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Thursday, March 11
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.