Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through its exhibitions, school, public programs, and community outreach, ICP offers an open forum for dialogue about the role that photographs, videos, and new media play in our society. To date, it has presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes at every level. ICP brings together photographers, artists, students, and scholars to create and interpret the realm of the image. Here, members of this unique community are encouraged to explore photography and visual culture as mediums of empowerment and as catalysts for wide-reaching social change.
The Digital Coordinator will be instrumental in ICP’s web content and newsletter production while assisting the Marketing and Communications team with key deliverables. They will have experience with content management systems, email marketing software and protocols, and digital production and be knowledgeable about tracking and analyzing data from Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and other analytics tools to optimize website marketing and email promotions. This team member must have the capacity to work independently and approach their work in an organized and detail-oriented manner. At its core, this position plays a vital role in the support and promotion of education programs, exhibitions, public programs, fundraising, and other institutional activities to help ICP actively engage and grow its audience.
- Responsible for day-to-day content updating and maintenance of ICP’s website via Drupal to ensure timely and accurate information is posted
- Responsible for production of email outreach—including weekly newsletters, special event invitations, press updates, annual appeals, and other promotions—via MailChimp
- Create and optimize visuals and marketing collateral via Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), including cropping and color-correcting images, producing GIFs, resizing logos, and making content edits to materials
- Manage digital content calendars to optimize promotion of institutional activities
- Conduct content updates to digital visitor display in a timely manner
- Track and conduct analysis of Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and other analytics tools to optimize website marketing and email promotions
- Upload and manage video assets on online properties
- Monitor, update, and maintain listings on international, national, and local online outlets, i.e. Artsy, Art in America, Trip Advisor, etc.
- Update, review, and maintain online ticketing
- Assist with developing media materials for digital press kits, including press releases and contact sheets
- Monitor and respond to requests received via email and phone; route requests/queries to key contacts as appropriate (PR, Membership, Education, etc.)
- Support team by managing administrative tasks such as processing invoices and procuring estimates
- 2–3 years digital production experience
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Strong understanding of producing and optimizing media using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Ability to troubleshoot HTML, CSS, and browser-display issues on website
- Understanding of the principles of user-centered content development, interface design, and information architecture
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational capabilities
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and presenting solutions in a timely manner.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Problem Sensitivity - ability to identify problems or difficulties and the missing information that would help solve them.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital content best practices, including writing for digital platforms and SEO
- Experience managing triggered email series and drip campaigns
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and data analysis
- Interest in the structures and systems behind web development and/or layout and graphic design
- Interest in photography and visual culture
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Expectation of Employee:
- Adheres to ICP policies and procedures
- Acts as a role model for other employees
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets department productivity standards
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Submit résumé with cover letter in confidence here.
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.