Development Sr. Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Individual Giving
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through its exhibitions, school, public programs, and community outreach, ICP offers an open forum for dialogue about the role that photographs, videos, and new media play in our society. To date, it has presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes at every level. ICP brings together photographers, artists, students, and scholars to create and interpret the realm of the image. Here, members of this unique community are encouraged to explore photography and visual culture as mediums of empowerment and as catalysts for wide-reaching social change.
ICP will open a new, fully integrated center reuniting its exhibitions and education programs at Essex Crossing, on Manhattan’s Lower East Side in January 2020.
The Development Sr. Coordinator will be a pro-active, highly motivated, and detail-oriented individual. The ideal candidate will have the ability to take on self-guided research and database projects while working collaboratively with team members across the organization to support the Development Department. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, he or she will provide instrumental support for securing general operating and program-restricted funding from individuals for ICP. Overseeing research and prospect management, the Development Sr. Coordinator will implement prospect management systems, identify and qualify prospects through strategic research practices, and systematically track action plans to grow a robust giving program.
- Establishes and oversees a Prospect Management system for Development staff
- Works with the Chief Development Officer, Director of Individual Giving, Associate Director of Institutional Giving, and Membership team to develop an annual and long-term operational plan to use the database as a strategic tool for the Development team
- Oversees portfolio management for Director of Individual Giving, Chief Development Officer, Executive Director, and other ICP staff and trustees, utilizing reports and notifications to drive action plans
- Tracks all donor interactions and records next steps in a detailed and organized fashion, ensuring solicitor accountability
- Collaborates with the Development Coordinator on determining best practices for database use
- Under direction of the Director of Individual Giving, develops proactive research strategy to help build the Individual and Member Donor base
- Identifies and qualifies prospects, and prepares materials for prospect review meetings
- Provides calibrated, succinct research notes on current donors and members, and in anticipation of all events
- Prepares thorough research profiles on top donors and in preparation for meetings
- Keeps up to date records on individuals through the use of alerts and scanning the news, working closely with the Alumni Coordinator to capture and store important data on Alumni
- Works closely with the Development Coordinator, Special Events Coordinator, and Alumni Coordinator to develop strategy for cross-pollination between alumni giving, membership, annual fund, and individual giving
- Drafts detailed briefing documents in preparation for major gift prospect and campaign meetings
- Drafts personalized donor correspondence to support Individual Giving solicitations and gift acknowledgements
- Prepares reports and materials on ICP programs and initiatives for current and prospective funders
- Provides donor and prospect lists for Individual Giving events
- Supports logistical needs for ICP’s travel program
- Attends and assists at evening and other Development events as needed
- Coordinates with marketing team to produce development materials as needed
- Assists the Institutional Giving team with research and other projects as needed
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- The ideal candidate will be a pro-active, detail-oriented, and reliable individual who is a team player and thrives in an all-hands-on-deck environment
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in a development role, with experience in a museum and/or educational setting preferred
- Experience with prospect research and knowledge of moves management systems
- Ability to work independently and effectively summarize communications while discerning information for next steps
- Interest in data management and analysis
- Power-user of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge or comparable donor management system with proficient knowledge of query and export functions
- Proficiency in the use of current Microsoft Office software applications
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage projects and workflow, using time and resources effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle various special projects on an ongoing basis while addressing daily needs for the office
- Respect for donor confidentiality and privacy
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Please submit résumé with cover letter in confidence here.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be accepted.
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.