Continuing Education Registrar
Supervisor: Continuing Education Manager
Schedule: Tuesday–Saturday, Full-time
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through its exhibitions, school, public programs, and community outreach, ICP offers an open forum for dialogue about the role that photographs, videos, and new media play in our society. To date, it has presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes at every level. ICP brings together photographers, artists, students, and scholars to create and interpret the realm of the image. Here, members of this unique community are encouraged to explore photography and visual cultures mediums of empowerment and as catalysts for wide-reaching social change.
ICP will open a new, fully integrated center reuniting its exhibitions and education programs at Essex Crossing, on Manhattan’s Lower East Side in January 2020.
The Continuing Education Registrar is a highly visible position in an active office, assisting with the ongoing activities of the Continuing Education Department for the ICP School. Responsibilities include: greeting and welcoming current and prospective students, reviewing student portfolios, overseeing all aspects of class registrations for Continuing Education, and supporting the administrative responsibilities associated with ICP’s Part-Time Programs. This position requires significant interaction with prospective students, active students, faculty, and staff.
- Assists with all aspects of Continuing Education (CE) class registration and uses the database Higher Reach to provide guidance and structure to support CE students
- Provides administrative support to ICP's Part-Time Programs by helping to recruit and matriculate students; provides administrative support to the Associate Chair of Part-Time Programs
- Oversees prospective student portfolio review process by responding to all inquiries and meeting with students in-person
- Assists the CE Manager and the Director of CE with developing sales strategies in order to help enrollment figures
- Answers public inquiries via phone, e-mail and in-person
- Provide support to CE Manager as needed
- Creates new engagement opportunities for CE and Part-Time Students through new program initiatives
- Oversees class withdrawal process for all CE students and works closely with finance to ensure proper refunds are allocated
Please note: This position will be scheduled Tuesday–Saturday
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2 to 3 years of office and administration experience necessary, background in sales a plus
- Experienced photographer/photography skills
Skills and Abilities
- Strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills—word processing; database; excel etc.
- Solid administrative and clerical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including solid follow-through
- Knowledge of photography preferred
- Desire to work as an active team member
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Special Environmental Factors:
- Close working quarters
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Please submit résumé with cover letter in confidence here.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be accepted.
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.