Continuing Education Registrar
Supervisor: Continuing Education Manager
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Cornell Capa founded ICP in 1974 to preserve the legacy of “concerned photography”—the creation of socially and politically-minded images that have the potential to educate and change the world— and the center’s mission endures today, even as the photographic medium and image making practices have evolved. Through its exhibitions, school, public programs, and community outreach, ICP offers an open forum for dialogue about the role that photographs, videos, and new media play in our society. To date, it has presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes at every level. ICP brings together photographers, artists, students, and scholars to create and interpret the realm of the image. Here, members of this unique community are encouraged to explore photography and visual culture as mediums of empowerment and as catalysts for wide-reaching social change.
Highly visible position in an active office assisting with the ongoing activities of the Continuing Education Department for the ICP School. Responsibilities include greeting and welcoming current and prospective students, reviewing student portfolios, overseeing all aspects of class registrations for Continuing Education and supporting the administrative responsibilities associated with ICP’s Part-Time Programs. Requires significant interaction with prospective students, active students, faculty and staff.
- Assists with all aspects of Continuing Education class registration and using the database Higher Reach as well as provide guidance and structure to support Teen Academy and liaise with Jenzabar to help troubleshoot issues
- Provides administrative support to ICP’s Part-Time Programs by helping to recruit and matriculate students, provides administrative support to the Associate Chair of Part Time Programs
- Oversees prospective student portfolio review process by responding to all inquiries and
- meeting with students in-person
- Assist the CE Manager and the Director of CE to develop sales strategies
- plan for CE to help improve enrollment figures.
- Manages the ICP/CCNY partnership by producing IDs and assisting with affiliate billing
- Responsible for all CE Affiliate Registrations by ensuring the process is completed in a timely manner by working with Finance Department to reconcile the invoice and manage payments
- Answers public inquiries via phone, email and in-person
- Responds in a timely manner to all withdrawal requests and works with the finance department to process all approved withdrawals
- Provide support to CE Manager as needed
Please note: This position will be scheduled Tuesday–Saturday, 9 AM–5 PM
Education and Training
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
2 to 3 years of office and administration experience necessary, background in sales a plus.
2 to 3 years Customers Service Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills—word processing, database, excel, etc.
- Solid administrative and clerical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including solid follow-through
- Knowledge of photography required
- Desire to work as an active team member
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Send résumé with cover letter in confidence to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line of all e-mails.
Director of Human Resources
International Center of Photography
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.