Alumni and Development Projects Coordinator
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
FLSA: Non- Exempt
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through its exhibitions, school, public programs, and community outreach, ICP offers an open forum for dialogue about the role that photographs, videos, and new media play in our society. To date, it has presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes at every level. ICP brings together photographers, artists, students, and scholars to create and interpret the realm of the image. Here, members of this unique community are encouraged to explore photography and visual culture as mediums of empowerment and as catalysts for wide-reaching social change.
The Coordinator of Alumni Relations and Development Projects serves as the main representative to ICP’s international base of alumni. The Coordinator will also serve as the project manager for any major corporate donors and current and future sponsorship opportunities. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and works closely with ICP school staff, ICP senior staff and the Development team to anticipate priorities, respond to opportunities, identify project needs, build strong relationships with alumni and other stakeholders, and manage deadlines. Occasional weekends and evenings are required.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated, detail-oriented, highly organized professional with outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, a passion for cultivating alumni and donor relationships, and a team player.
- Constructs a rich and varied offering of alumni programs that showcase ICP strengths, and recognizes and responds to evolving alumni interests and communications preferences
- Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of alumni (geography, graduating class, and graduating program) to create an overall ICP Alumni Association
- Plans creative and engaging opportunities for alumni to connect with each other through special events
- Works with the Marketing and Communications team to develop strategic communications to engage and inform alumni in a timely manner, effectively utilizing ICP’s various communications platforms (newsletters, web, social media, email, direct mail, etc.)
- Works with Marketing and Communications on increasing alumni presence on the ICP website and other platforms, and providing alumni content for those platforms
- Works with the Development team to implement a new alumni membership program and incorporates strong alumni presence into member events
- Supports Education Department recruitment efforts and the newly formed International Programs department by encouraging alumni presence at international programs, photo festivals, conferences, and ICP traveling exhibitions
- Works with the Marketing and Communications Team to help relay communication about the admissions cycle, open houses and online information sessions to alumni
- Obtains and maintains up-to-date contact and other information on alumni in the Development Department’s database
- Initiates collection of contact information for graduates of all programs
- Works across ICP to provide updates and key accomplishments of ICP alumni across all program areas
- Ensures effective and timely newsletter and website announcements and media communications
- Executes day-to-day logistics of all related project tasks, including weekly conference calls, agendas and updates
- Other duties to be assigned, as new sponsorship opportunities arise
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities, as assigned from time to time
- BA degree required
- Alumni relations experience preferred, ideally at a cultural institution within New York City
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge or similar donor tracking database
- Experience managing staff or interns
- Superlative interpersonal skills and customer-service orientation; a warm, friendly demeanor, and the ability to forge positive working relationships with senior staff, alumni, donors, vendors, and others
- Well-developed communications skills, including writing and proofreading; excellent data management and technology skills (Office suite, Raiser’s Edge preferred); exceptional organizational skills and follow-up
- Able to effectively multi-task and demonstrate responsiveness combined with common sense and a positive attitude
- ICP graduates preferred
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Please submit résumé with cover letter in confidence here.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be accepted.
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.