Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator
Supervisor: Full-Time Education Program Manager
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through its exhibitions, school, public programs, and community outreach, ICP offers an open forum for dialogue about the role that photographs, videos, and new media play in our society. To date, it has presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes at every level. ICP brings together photographers, artists, students, and scholars to create and interpret the realm of the image. Here, members of this unique community are encouraged to explore photography and visual cultures mediums of empowerment and as catalysts for wide-reaching social change.
ICP will open a new, fully integrated center reuniting its exhibitions and education programs at Essex Crossing, on Manhattan’s Lower East Side in January 2020.
The Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for coordinating admissions-related efforts for ICP full-time education programs. They will also participate in all student recruitment activities. The Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator will regularly report their progress to the Director of Education, Full-time Education Manager and the program chairs.
- Responsible for coordinating full-time programs’ open houses, online and on-site info sessions and other full-time education recruitment events
- Responsible for responding, via email and/or phone, to all prospective student inquiries in a prompt and professional manner
- Provides advice to prospective students with the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Collaborates with the Full-time Education Program Manager to increase enrollment numbers through successfully enhancing recruitment efforts and instituting improvements to the admissions process
- Researches, recommends and travels to schools, career fairs, and other academic and arts events to promote ICP Education and meet with prospective students, answer questions about application procedures, and provide information on education programs and student services
- Will work with the Alumni Coordinator to establish alumni outreach to enhance recruitment
- Collaborates with the ICP Marketing Deparment to enhance recruitment marketing outreach and public information about ICP’s full-time education programs
- Will meet with and tour ICP facilities with prospective students interested in applying; this is applicable to prospects obtained through outreach and via incoming phone calls and emails, as well as walk-ins and attendees to open house’s and other recruitment events
- Responsible for coordinating the student admissions process
- Provides all applicants with relevant information regarding the institution’s offerings and comprehensive information on all full-time education programs
- Will stay on top of updates to full-time program curriculum and admissions requirements
- Guides all applicants through the application and admissions process
- Monitors applicants’ submission of application requirements including language scores, F-1 Visa documents, transcripts and tuition and fee payments via consultations with the International Student Advisor, Full-time Education Program Coordinator and Full-Time Education Program Manager
- Coordinates the logistics for admissions reviews and interviews with the full-time program chairs, full-time admin team and faculty
- Collects, organizes, and maintains admission responses on the Full-Time admissions Google Doc tracker and any other computer based admissions and enrollment systems
- Collaborates with the Full-Time Program Coordinator on the email and postal dissemination of acceptance letters and enrollment
- Responsible for coordination of enrollment services
- Collaborates with the Full-Time Education Program Coordinator on the coordination and logistics of student orientation activities, orientation dates and orientation locations
- Will follow up with enrolled students to provide ongoing support and resources as needed
- Collaborates with the Full-Time Program Coordinator on all year-start activities including the creation and distribution of ID cards & distribution of new student resources and forms
- Will assist the Full-Time Program Coordinator with the registration
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the visual arts community, ICP programs, and ICP institutional policies
- Covers the Education Deparment front counter and responds to basic in-person inquiries about Full-time, Teen Academy and CE programs
- Will be available to work weekends and evenings when necessary
- Will act as backup support for Full-Time Education Programs Coordinator
- Will learn and master existing internal data and software systems (Higher Reach, SlideRoom, Google Docs, Mailchimp, Webcheckout, Zoom) in order to successfully serve prospective students and communicate with support staff
- Other duties may be required and requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in marketing, communication, education or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years admissions, recruitment, or customer service experience required
- Experience within an admissions environment, knowledge of the admissions process and/or prior work in an academic setting preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills needed to communicate with prospective students and ICP colleagues
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated, hardworking, diligent
- Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills required
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Detail Oriented
- Proficient in the use of the Google G-Suite (Docs, Drive, Calendar, Mail etc.)
- Familiarity with Mailchimp preferred
- Familiarity with Zoom, Skype and/or other online video conferencing systems preferred
- Foreign language proficiency a plus, especially Spanish or Chinese dialects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
How To Apply
Please submit résumé with cover letter in confidence here.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be accepted.
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.