Supervisor: Finance Manager and Controller
Accounting Coordinator will focus primarily on accounts receivable and school registration-related reporting and reconciliation activities. Work will include accounts receivable tracking, posting, collections, bank deposits and reconciliations. In addition, position will act as accounting coordinator of school registration activities; posting and reconciling transactions within school registration system (Higher-Reach).
- Record and manage accounts receivables (A/R), follow up on delinquent items and outstanding school tuition payments.
- Count cash and make bank deposits for education tuition, development, membership, darkroom, digital media lab, A/R and other miscellaneous deposits.
- Manage daily petty cash.
- Enter cash receipts for all departments to G/L system utilizing all required coding and adding all necessary information. Receipts will include contributions, revenue, admissions/tuition, bookshop sales, and other income.
- Record bank charges and returned checks.
- Update Education daily transmittal reconciliation.
- Produce monthly enrollment and income report for CFO.
- Update Continuing Education enrollment report by account code.
- Produce annual tax information as needed for the Forms 990 & 1098.
- Reconcile and record quarterly A/R accruals.
- Produce annual audit information & reports in advance of annual review.
- Reconcile & follow up on Bard yearly matriculation fee payments.
- Review unused tuition credits (liabilities) older than one year within Higher Reach and properly close out aged items.
- Produce weekly museum admission reports.
- Assist Manager and Controller as needed.
- Type annual confirmation letters.
- Cross-train, with ability to fill-in in absence of assistant bookkeeper.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Computer skills – Excel; Word; familiarity with accounting software.
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Team player
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Send résumé with cover letter and salary requirements in confidence to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line of all e-mails.
Director of Human Resources
International Center of Photography
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
No telephone calls please.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.