Human Resources Intern
Date: February 2014
Department Human Resources
Schedule: Flexible arrangements but must commit at least 10–15 hours per week in a consistent work schedule
Dates Required: March–May 2014
Supervisor's Title: Human Resources Assistant
This unpaid internship will expose you to a full range of Arts Administration duties, with a focus on Human Resources. The individual will perform administrative tasks as needed, including filing, typing, and data entry. S/He will also participate in general research and analysis on special HR projects, gaining hands-on experience in all aspects of Human Resources. The HR Assistant will be the intern's direct day-to-day supervisor. The Director of Administration will meet periodically with the intern to discuss his or her progress.
The intern's main responsibilities:
• Assist with special projects in relation to the organization's internship program
• Support the HR department by performing various administrative tasks
• Create orientation/COBRA packets
• Personnel file maintenance
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Student currently pursuing BA/BS in related field preferred.
• Must be energetic, detail-oriented, and organized
• Should have a demonstrated interest in the fields of Arts Administration and/or Human Resources
• Must be able to work with highly sensitive material in a confidential manner
• Should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of general office functions
• Should have computer proficiency (Windows, Word, Excel, Access)
• Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Besides gaining invaluable experience at a premier cultural/educational institution; interns benefit from school credit (when applicable); are invited to attend ICP seminars and special events; and are offered the opportunity to visit other related organizations. Tuition discounts for ICP courses, workshops and/or labs are provided, subject to internship hours completed and availability.
Immediate and ongoing