Date: March 2013
Schedule: 3–4 days per week. NOTE: In addition to their regular schedule, ICP interns are highly encourage to participate in education events throughout the duration of their internship.
Dates Required: June–August 2013
Supervisor's Title: Education Associate
The Education Department is seeking a motivated intern to assist its day-to-day operations, including registering and advising students, answering public inquiries, and editing educational materials. The intern will also build marketable skills by taking on a variety of specific administrative projects under the guidance of departmental staff members. Interns often help prepare and are invited to attend education events, including: Education Gallery openings, School open houses, full-time graduation, full-time orientation, lectures, lectures, and Career Day, among others. The Education Department administers on-going Continuing Education classes, two full-time one-year certificate programs, and the ICP-Bard MFA Program in Advanced Photographic Studies. Interns may also have the opportunity to assist in the darkroom office and the library.
Applicants should be interested in building solid experience in education administration. They should be organized, responsible, and detail-oriented with computer skills and an interest in taking on a responsible role in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working in close working quarters in a shared work space. Commitment to providing superior customer service is required. Knowledge of photography preferred though not required.
• Invaluable experience at a premier cultural/educational institution
• School credit (when applicable)
• Invitations to attend ICP lectures, museum exhibition openings, and special events
• Tuition reduction for ICP courses, workshops, and/or lab usage are provided (subject to the number of internship hours completed and availability)
• Free admittance to participating museums
• Discount at ICP Store and café