Capa Archive Collections Intern
Date: December 2012
Schedule: Minimum 2–3 days a week, 10 am–6 pm. NOTE: In addition to their regular schedule, ICP interns are encouraged to participate in occasional events (will be announced).
Dates Required: Spring and Fall 2013
Supervisor's Title: Curator, Robert Capa Archive
Intern will work at ICP on the Robert Capa Archive, one of the most treasured holdings within the ICP collection. The archive is currently cataloguing newly acquired Capa material, including thousands of prints, correspondence, and rare publications. The work requires careful, detailed work and some research. Knowledge of and interest in mid-20th-century European history is valuable to be able to engage with the stories depicted.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Mature undergraduate, recent graduate, or graduate student.
• Graduate or undergraduate students or recent graduates of Art History, History, and/or Library Science programs preferred
• Highly motivated and trustworthy
• Detail oriented, thorough, and organized
• Museum or archival experience is preferred. We will provide training in photo handling
• Knowledge of Spanish, German, or Hungarian would be a plus to assist in archiving correspondence and ephemera
Besides gaining invaluable experience at a premier cultural/educational institution; interns benefit from school credit (when applicable); are invited to attend ICP seminars and special events; and are offered the opportunity to visit other related organizations. Tuition discounts for ICP courses, workshops and/or labs are provided, subject to internship hours completed and availability.